while painting my nails tonight i discovered just how impatient i am, and had to reapply nail polish about 3 times before i finally learned my lesson and left my nails to dry. i have tried everything and one is most effective.
1. if you apply a really thin coat it’ll dry alot quicker, so maybe 2 or 3 thin coats would work. wait around 2 minutes between each layer. tried and tested and the verdict is a NO. it may work but it takes far too much time and if you’re in a rush that’s a huge NO!
2. loads of cosmetic companies have a range of quick drying polishes which you could use. i read a lot of reviews online and Maybelline New York Express Nail Color seems to be a clear winner. these nail polishes contain a mineral oil that normal polishes don’t, which helps the colour set quickly. tried and tested – i have not. you’d think as a moany impatient nail painter i’d have a huge collection of these nail polishes but i do not, and i will need to invest in some too.
3. using a quick dry nail spray/polish or even quick dry drops on your nails after painting them works a treat. after applying the colour wait around 45 seconds and then:
if using the spray, spray about 12 inches away from the nail and let it dry in for about 10 second
if using a polish, wait about 60 seconds and apply one coat over the nail, then wait about 30 seconds
if using drops, wait about 45 seconds and apply one drop onto the colour, and wait 20 seconds
tried and tested and the verdict was YES. i have used OPI RapiDry spray and polish. both were really good, i was very impressed. except they run out really quickly.
4. using a hairdryer is a really reliable source of nail drying. if your hairdryer has a cool setting, then thats perfect. just use the dryer about 12 inches away and aim it at the nails. don’t use a warm setting as it would actually make the polish more runny! tried and tested and the verdict is YES. this actually works wonders when you’re in a hurry!!
5. pour a bowl of cold water and drop a few ice cubes in before painting your nails, leaving the ice to melt into the water. after painting your nails, let them air dry for about 2 minutes, then sit your hands into the water for 60-90 seconds. don’t move hands around in the bowl, just sit them still. tried and tested and the verdict is YES. alot of reviews and articles on the internet say that using cold water doesn’t help, but i’ve tried it. and this is my opinion, i think my nails dried alot faster!
6. buy a nail drying online off eBay or Amazon or something. the ones i go off eBay weren’t ENTIRELY impressive, but they did kind of help them dry a little quicker. tried and tested and the verdict is MEH. i don’t really know if there are better nail dryers out there and don’t have the money to test them all. so it’d need to be really well reviewed dryers if you’re sure.
if you have any other ways of drying your nails, please, please, please share!